2019 Helicopter Golf Ball Drop
1. The Contest : For a suggested minimum donation of $10* for 1 raffle ball, a person, age 18 or older, will be entered in the PaulieStrong Foundation Charity Golf Outing Golf Ball Drop to take place on September 23 , 2019 at Scarsdale Golf Club Hartsdale, NY. Participants may enter more than once. Participants will be assigned one numbered golf ball (maximum of 2,000) for each raffle ticket purchased.
2. The Drop : All purchased numbered golf balls will be placed randomly into a container and dropped from a helicopter from a height of approximately 250 feet onto the assigned target. The participant whose ball goes into the target hole or is closest to the target hole will be declared the sole winner of the Golf Ball Drop and be awarded the prize as outlined below.
3. Prize : The sole prize shall be 20% of the total money raised specifically for the Helicopter Drop. All prizes are subject to rules outlined below.
4. Rules : If no golf ball goes into the target hole, then the participant whose ball lands closest to the target hole will be declared the winner as determined by the independent judges. If no golf ball goes into the target hole and the winner is determined by the measurement of the golf balls from the target hole, and the judges determine that there is a tie among these balls, then each ball will be declared a winner and the prize will be shared equally among these winners. Location closest to the hole of at least four balls will be taken in case there is any question of eligibility or a winner does not claim the prize.
5. Announcement of Prize Winner : The winner need not be present to win. The winner will be announced at the PaulieStrong Foundation Charity Dinner which immediately follows the Golf Ball Drop. We will stream this event live on The PaulieStrong Social Media Channels (Facebook : The PaulieStrong Foundation and Instagram ; @PaulieStrong. The winners name will also be posted on the PaulieStrong Foundation social channels following the conclusion of the event.
6. Alternative Process : If some unforeseen event prevents the PaulieStrong Foundation or Foxtrot from being able to conduct the Golf Ball Drop as outlined above, then the winner will be determined by the following alternative process: Within a week of the scheduled event, all purchased Golf Balls will be placed into a container and an independent judge selected by the organizers will draw the winner (first ball to be drawn will be the winner).
7. Purchasing Raffles : Golf Ball Drop raffles (up to 2,000) will be available for sale at:
Suggested donations for each raffle ticket are: $10* for 1 raffle ball. Donations are non-refundable.
8. Tracking Tickets : PaulieStrong Foundation shall be responsible for maintaining the list of raffles sold and the name and email address of the purchaser of each raffle, and have that list available for auditing and inspection by the Board of PaulieStrong Foundation (and any interested members of the public) to insure the openness and integrity of the Golf Ball Drop Raffle.
9. Eligible Participants : Participant must be 18 years of age or older to purchase a raffle and win the prize. All officers and members of PaulieStrong Foundation are eligible to purchase tickets and to win the prize, however the independent judges who will decide the winners of the golf ball drop are ineligible to win.
Verification of eligibility and identity may be required before releasing the prize.
10. Notification of Winner : If the winner is not present at the time of the golf ball drop, then the winner will be notified by email or phone call. If the winner cannot be located or fails to claim the prize within thirty (30) days after notification, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to the next winner in line as specified in the rules above.
11. Forfeiting of Prize : If no winner comes forth after attempting to contact the four separate, sequential winners as provided in the rules above, then the prize will be forfeited to PaulieStrong Foundation to be used in furtherance of its mission to support Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
12. Miscellaneous :
a. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries (up to 2,000) received by the deadline set forth above.
b. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
c. Void where prohibited by law.
d. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the individual winner.
e. The funds raised at this event will be used to support the programs of PaulieStrong Foundation, a New York not-for-profit organization, tax exempt under IRC Section 501(c)(3).
f. Decisions by the Golf Ball Drop judges on all aspects of the raffle will be binding and final.
g. The prize will not be awarded, and will be forfeited, if the raffle was issued in exchange for a donation by check returned for “insufficient funds” or by a credit card charge deemed “declined”, “invalid”, or “stolen.”
h. The PaulieStrong Foundation Golf Ball Drop Committee may amend these rules as appropriate to ensure the fairness and original intent of the contest.
i. The donations for tickets to this raffle are not tax deductible.
j. The source of the funds to award prizes is the general assets of PaulieStrong Foundation.
13. Release of Liability : By participating, each participant releases, discharges, indemnifies, and holds harmless PaulieStrong Foundation, Paramount Country Club, their parent, subsidiary, successor and affiliated companies/organizations, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives and promotional (collectively the “Releases”) from any and all liability, loss, harm, injury, damage, cost and expense whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from the receipt of the prize or participation in the raffle.
* Suggested minimum donation, no contribution or donation is required to participate.